“Water is water plus everything else. It is nature’s solvent, the simplest solution in existence. Because of this it combines with, or dissolves everything it comes in contact with. And water comes in contact with everything.”
As it moves through nature, water cleans by picking up dust, dirt, pollen, smog, chemicals, pollution, molds, insecticides, animal wastes, and anything else it contacts. It’s good for the planet, but bad for water consumers. All of these substances stay in the water.
Your water company gets this water and treats it to make it a little better looking, and a little better tasting. Then they add chemicals such as chlorine — and completely ruin the clean, fresh quality of the water.
Low quality water causes problems:
- Build-up and scale in pipes, and plumbing.
- Residue (water spotting) on dishes and glassware.
- Hours of labor in extra scrubbing and cleaning.
- Loads of chemical detergents, bleaches, and softeners to do laundry.
- Dry skin and hair.
- Bad tasting water.
- Unknown substances consumed.
So what’s a consumer to do?
In an attempt to get good water, most people buy bottled water. It’s the biggest beverage in California. It’s also one of the most expensive: at $.50 to $1.20 a gallon in the stores, and $1.50 to $2.50 a gallon delivered, it rivals gasoline in cost! (Even those small “sport bottles” we all buy cost around a dollar–for a pint of water). Bottled water is often of unknown or poor source and quality. But, even if it’s good–you still can’t shower with it!n:
AWP Water Systems has the solution!
A homeowner needs different qualities of water for different purposes. We have a complete home system that provides you with 3 types of water:
- Raw, untreated (hard) water for outside use.
- Soft, conditioned water for bathing, cleaning, and protection of plumbing and appliances. And,
- Purified water for drinking, and cooking.
This system consists of two parts:
- A whole house conditioner typically installed in the garage. It will clean all the water entering your home, as you need it.
- A Reverse Osmosis purifier mounted in the kitchen. This will purify your drinking and cooking water, as you use it.
- In most cases your outside hose bibs will still have hard water.